Friday 30 June 2017

Henry the Cat / Crookshanks (inspired by the Harry Potter Series)


This mini fat cat spends his days sitting on my bookshelf keeping a watchful eye on goings-on from his high perch, unlike Henry (my other ginger cat) who spends his days lazing about mostly curled up on my lap now that the winter chill is finally settling in. Initially I had made this cat with Henry in mind but I decided, being a ginger, he could also be a substitute for the half-Kneazle Crookshanks.



This little ginger cat is about 5.5 inches tall not including the ears, that is a bit over half the size of the original pattern which would produce a huggable pillow sized toy. However I wanted something smaller to sit on my shelf and be cute and small. Made of an orange fabric that was once a dress, with white accents and tiny black eyes he is finished with black backstitched whiskers and mouth.


As a shelf sitting cat he is a cute mini fat cat, but I'm sure there are better cat patterns out there that could be used to create Hermione's half-Kneazle Crookshanks. I also think this pattern works best at its full size as the animal pillow toy it was designed to be, especially for younger owners. Despite this I'm still quite happy with my little ginger cat. This pattern was found HERE in the Shiny Happy World shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment