Friday 27 January 2017

Peekaboo Turtles


These cute little turtles were made as gifts. I based the inside shell colours on the colours of the Ninja Turtles, however as I only made three Raphael missed out here which is a bit of a shame as he is my favourite Ninja Turtle. These turtles have removable shells and black safety eyes that give these guys a lot of character, so strange to see them without their shells...


The pattern for these turtles comes from a book called Flip Dolls and Other Toys that Zip, Stack, Hide, Grab, and Go by Laura Wilson. The pattern was simple enough but it can be a little fiddly sewing around the head pieces, but as I hand sew everything it wasn't to bad. I found this book at the library but if your interested you can find more information about this book and Laura's other patters on her blog We Wilsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment